Fender GA-45SCE *OPINIONS*

Want to ask about strings, maintenance, amps, mics, or comparisons of different guitars or any music equipment? This is for all threads related to music equipment.

Moderators: onid41, jkanter

Fender GA-45SCE *OPINIONS*

Unread postby Jimithing277 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:33 pm

Alright, one last opinion on a guitar guys...i went to the music store near me and looked at all diff. guitars...Ibanez AEF18, Taylor 314ce, and the Fender GA-45SCE...and the ibanez was a great guitar dont get me wrong, just i felt like it was lacking something, it just didnt sound brilliant and nice, The taylor was just great, i loved it...but im not too keen on shelling out 1200 for it...and then right when i was leaving i saw the Fender GA-45SCE...i was just amazed at first by the detail of the guitar, the back and sides are all rosewood...AA spruce top, has a sweet silver ring around the sound hole, the fingerboard and bindings have this cool flame/swirl design, and i had to look about 3 times at the top of the head and the pricetag to even make sure this was actually a Fender. Then i pluged it in and i was amazed at the guality Fender put into this guitar. Fender hasnt been up to par w/ its acoustics but im still amazed at the sound and quality they put into this guitar. For $580 at the store, i was like "WTF?!" it retials for about $800-900 MSRP. Just wondering what other people feel about this guitar, i know i love it..and might purchase it
Jimithing277

 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:31 pm

Unread postby DMB_fan_87 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:54 pm

check the reviews at harmony-central.com
User avatar
DMB_fan_87

 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:56 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Unread postby ticohans » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:55 pm

I took a look at it, and while I've never played one, it looks good. It's made from great woods, and if you like how it plays and sounds, I'd say go for it. Especially if the electronics are any good.

I also checked out the reviews on harmony central, and two of the three are for mahogany laminate backs as opposed to solid rosewood, which is what the new ones have. I guess fender must have recently revamped the line. As solid as those reviews are, with two of them considering guitars with laminate backs, the new ones are bound to be even better.

If you like it and think it's worth the cash, go for it.
ticohans
DMBTabs.com Authority
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:11 am
Location: Davidson, NC

Re: Fender GA-45SCE *OPINIONS*

Unread postby johntherevelator » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:18 pm

Jimithing277 wrote:Alright, one last opinion on a guitar guys...i went to the music store near me and looked at all diff. guitars...Ibanez AEF18, Taylor 314ce, and the Fender GA-45SCE...and the ibanez was a great guitar dont get me wrong, just i felt like it was lacking something, it just didnt sound brilliant and nice, The taylor was just great, i loved it...but im not too keen on shelling out 1200 for it...and then right when i was leaving i saw the Fender GA-45SCE...i was just amazed at first by the detail of the guitar, the back and sides are all rosewood...AA spruce top, has a sweet silver ring around the sound hole, the fingerboard and bindings have this cool flame/swirl design, and i had to look about 3 times at the top of the head and the pricetag to even make sure this was actually a Fender. Then i pluged it in and i was amazed at the guality Fender put into this guitar. Fender hasnt been up to par w/ its acoustics but im still amazed at the sound and quality they put into this guitar. For $580 at the store, i was like "WTF?!" it retials for about $800-900 MSRP. Just wondering what other people feel about this guitar, i know i love it..and might purchase it


when you say $580, youre talking american money right?
if it was that much here in canada, id faint, and then go buy it the minute i woke up
those are nice guitars to begin with, but thats a GOOD price
i suggest you put it on hold while you make sure theres nothing else you like better if you can....
Everybody always asks me how she's doing. Has she really lost her mind? I said "I couldn't tell you, I've lost mine."
-Pay For What You Get
PS- My name isn't really John.
johntherevelator
DMBTabs.com Council
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:36 pm
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada

Unread postby Jimithing277 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:26 pm

oh yeah im talking about $580 american. And no this is not a floor model or a blemished guitar..this is straight up new. I know the guy that works at the store really well and he gives me huge discounts on everything. They are asking for $700 buy he said hell drop it 100 bucks for me and if i trade in my old guitar he'll even go lower, so around $580
Jimithing277

 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:31 pm

Unread postby Pickles » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:31 pm

if you can get a taylor get it. dont waste your money on a fender! and if you can get trade-ins and discounts it should be less than $1000. get the taylor. thats all i can say
User avatar
Pickles
DMBTabs.com Authority
 
Posts: 29206
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:39 pm
Location: FL
Random movie quote to make you seem hip and "with it": I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Unread postby johntherevelator » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:33 pm

Jimithing277 wrote:oh yeah im talking about $580 american. And no this is not a floor model or a blemished guitar..this is straight up new. I know the guy that works at the store really well and he gives me huge discounts on everything. They are asking for $700 buy he said hell drop it 100 bucks for me and if i trade in my old guitar he'll even go lower, so around $580


that would make your old guitar worth 20$?
Everybody always asks me how she's doing. Has she really lost her mind? I said "I couldn't tell you, I've lost mine."
-Pay For What You Get
PS- My name isn't really John.
johntherevelator
DMBTabs.com Council
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:36 pm
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada

Unread postby Jimithing277 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:16 am

sorry, i dont have 1G to spend on a taylor..sure its a great guitar, but id rather spend a little more than half its price on this fender. Fenders are well worth their money, a lot of people blow them off when really they produce great guitars and sound. And this fender is probably one of the nicest guitars ive seen in this price range. And no, my guitar isnt worth 20 bucks..i meant if i trade in the guitar i have right now...he'll drop 100 bucks off the price hes asking since i traded it in...so its worth about 120. Its a Fender DG-11 Sunburst (and the sunburst color was dicontinued too).
Jimithing277

 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:31 pm

Unread postby Xoosh » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:30 pm

yeah really... why the hell woukd you want to spend $1200 on a fender acoustic... their electrics arent even that hot... spend $1200 and buy a marin d28 or spend $300 more and buy a hd-35

/x
E a s t o f b e a u t i f u l - Music and Art
http://www.eastofbeautiful.com
http://www.eobmusic.com - my band :)
User avatar
Xoosh
DMBTabs.com Council
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:41 am
Location: Maryland, USA

Unread postby johntherevelator » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:45 pm

Xoosh wrote:yeah really... why the hell woukd you want to spend $1200 on a fender acoustic... their electrics arent even that hot... spend $1200 and buy a marin d28 or spend $300 more and buy a hd-35

/x


i beg to differ there xoosh
fender makes some amazing electric guitars
along with gibson id say the top electric guitars in the world (my opinion)
Everybody always asks me how she's doing. Has she really lost her mind? I said "I couldn't tell you, I've lost mine."
-Pay For What You Get
PS- My name isn't really John.
johntherevelator
DMBTabs.com Council
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:36 pm
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada

Unread postby Pickles » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:50 pm

oh dude fenders are horrible guitars. their pickups are horrible. and their acoustics... ive played 1.. it was horrible.. given it was a squier, but im not expecting much more for anything else
User avatar
Pickles
DMBTabs.com Authority
 
Posts: 29206
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:39 pm
Location: FL
Random movie quote to make you seem hip and "with it": I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Unread postby johntherevelator » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:54 pm

shane wrote:oh dude fenders are horrible guitars. their pickups are horrible. and their acoustics... ive played 1.. it was horrible.. given it was a squier, but im not expecting much more for anything else


nuh uh
fender ELECTRICS are amazing

you ever play a strat?
like the one hendrix and clapton (and many other greats) have?

itll blow you away
Everybody always asks me how she's doing. Has she really lost her mind? I said "I couldn't tell you, I've lost mine."
-Pay For What You Get
PS- My name isn't really John.
johntherevelator
DMBTabs.com Council
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:36 pm
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada

Unread postby Pickles » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:59 pm

dude the first electric i was thinking about buying was a strat. i thought it was awesome. but i decided to look around before i made any decisions. theres so much better that you can do. i ended up getting my godin which could match up to a les paul. 2 seymour duncan humbuckers and an acoustic bridge, with the option to switch or blend. its possibly the best guitar ive ever seen/played (besides anything taylor)
User avatar
Pickles
DMBTabs.com Authority
 
Posts: 29206
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:39 pm
Location: FL
Random movie quote to make you seem hip and "with it": I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Unread postby johntherevelator » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:05 pm

well you keep your opinion and ill keep mine :D
Everybody always asks me how she's doing. Has she really lost her mind? I said "I couldn't tell you, I've lost mine."
-Pay For What You Get
PS- My name isn't really John.
johntherevelator
DMBTabs.com Council
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:36 pm
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada

Unread postby ticohans » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:20 pm

johnny boy, don't dis the godin till you've tried em is all i have to say.

as soon as i get the cash, im going to get one of their three voice electrics: electric, acoustic, and synth, all completely blendable. just need to wrestle me up some cash now.
ticohans
DMBTabs.com Authority
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:11 am
Location: Davidson, NC

Next

Return to Musicians' Gear

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest